With 2016 behind us and 2017 firmly in the here and now, it is time to get this year’s first new release of Bigtincan Hub for iOS out in the market. We are pleased to announce that Bigtincan Hub for iOS 5.0.7 is available for download on the global Apple AppStore.
But before we jump into the new, powerful capabilities introduced in 5.0.7, we wanted to recap a few of Bigtincan’s top achievements from 2016. Most importantly, last year kicked off with the release of Bigtincan Hub 5.0, which was the biggest update in the history of Bigtincan and included major changes and updates such as:
- New UI – Bigtincan Hub 5.0 delivered a completely redesigned user interface, tabbed viewing to facilitate multi-tasking, a new Microsoft Office file editor to ensure seamless switching between viewing and editing, and improved annotations of PDFs and images for simplified collaboration.
- Interest Areas – Instead of overwhelming users with content that they may deem irrelevant, Interest Areas enable users to choose the most appropriate content for their needs at that time, and change them as their needs or interests change. Administrative rules ensure that users can only access appropriate Interest Areas.
- My Content – Bigtincan Hub 5.0 expanded the concepts of My Channel and My Files. Now users can utilize cloud services like Google Drive and Dropbox, create content and collaborate with others.
- Salesforce.com integration – Bigtincan Hub’s Salesforce.com integration enabled expanded support for Salesforce.com objects including Leads, Assets, Campaigns, Contracts, and the ability to record meeting activities.
- Related Content – When viewing a content bundle, related content is recommended, allowing the user to easily access relevant content that may have been previously undiscovered.
- Improved geo-location protection – When attempting to access content that is restricted to certain locations, permitted locations are mapped and visible to the user allowing them to move to that location if they choose to.
Throughout the rest of 2016, Bigtincan was hard at work adding more, incredible features to our platform, including: Bigtincan Studio, which supports dynamic content; a dedicated Apple Watch app that enables users with presentation controls, notes and more; advanced search functions; and optimized support for iOS 10.
But don’t think for a second that we’re going to slow down in 2017! Bigtincan Hub 5.0.7 is just the first step in the major work we’ll be doing to make our platform the best it can be for all of our users.
With 5.0.7, users are empowered with:
- Audio / Video Chat – Including support for in-app audio and video chat to complement text chat, which allows users to contact each other within Bigtincan Hub to share files and collaborate.
- Inactivity Lock Screen – The in-app lock screen is important for both configurable security code and a re-authentication workflow.
- Story Details View – For sorting files attached to a story based on filters.
- Content Services API – Adds support for returning "absolute path" of files and thumbnail images.
- Language support – Ten new languages are included in the app, adding to English (UK), French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, and Japanese translation capabilities.
We hope you like Bigtincan Hub 5.0.7 as much as we enjoyed creating it. And while 2016 was certainly the most exciting year in the history of Bigtincan, we are looking forward to an even more successful 2017.
Happy New Year!